Black and white greenhouse film is used for crop control management in a light deprivation greenhouse. This Premium 5 mil greenhouse plastic is a highly reflective and opaque black and white poly film that can be used for either bench/ground cover or as a reflective blackout curtain for photoperiod control. The white side is highly reflective and used to direct light away. The black side is completely opaque and absorbs light, keeping heat and light away. It is also used for waterproofing and temperature control. Pro-Tect Plastics offers several black and white light deprivation films for greenhouses.
With our light deprivation sheeting you get durability and control over the light your plants receive.
Black and White Film Usage:
- Line the floor or ballasts of your grow area, using the white side to reflect light from the floor up to crops and prevent weed and other unwanted growth with the black side.
- Prevent ground moisture from disturbing controlled humidity levels.
- Stop soil borne pathogens from rising up into the grow area.
- Control, contain, and direct runoff to available drains.
- Can be used to line roof and walls of indoor growing area for additional waterproofing, lighting, and temperature control.
Benefits of Light Deprivation Greenhouse Film:
- Brilliant white layer ensures maximum light reflectivity to aid in vegetable crop production.
- Our Premium greenhouse film provides maximum control when used as a blackout curtain for your crops.
- Greenhouse blackout film reflects heat and cools better than shade cloth.
- Designed specifically to withstand the wear and tear of either foot traffic or retractable curtain systems, so that crop management control is not reduced in these higher-stress applications.
- High strength at folds of this greenhouse film means higher resistance to punctures and tears. In any greenhouse plastic film, weaknesses can occur where the polymer strands are bent at a fold. Increased fold area strength minimizes performance issues at these key areas. We make sure all our greenhouse films are strong in this area.
What crops can you grow in a greenhouse lined with Panda film? More than you might expect! Planting hardier, cold weather-tolerant edibles will lead to a more bountiful yield. In general, root vegetables and leafy greens grow well in a homemade greenhouse for winter. There are also a couple of other edibles that are surprisingly hardy in a winter greenhouse.
Top crop choices include:
- Lettuces such as romaine, butterhead, and leaf lettuce
- Other salad greens like radicchio and arugula
- Greens such as spinach, collards, mustard greens, kale, and chard.
- Green onion
With our Premium® light deprivation sheeting you get durability and control.
Available in a roll of 24 ft or 32 ft, Premium black and white grenhouse film helps you control grow cycles and produce more.